This is the Privacy and Security Statement for RexMag.com (www.rexmag.com).
This Privacy and Security Statement ("Privacy Statement") applies to information collected by RexMag.com. RexMag.com is committed to protecting the privacy of its users ("Users") including visitors and members of the RexMag.com web site. We have created the following Privacy Statement to give you an overview of the type of information we collect, how the information is used, and how the information is safeguarded.
- WHO COLLECTS INFORMATION WITHIN THE SITE?
Information is collected from Users on the RexMag.com website. The use of such information by RexMag.com is governed by our own policies, practices, and procedures. RexMag.com may engage in selective sponsorship relationships with advertising companies, private individuals, and other Internet websites ("Sponsors"). Sponsors may or may not pay to have links, web site addresses, and / or their logo included on the RexMag.com web site and have it viewed by website Users. Sponsors do not receive any personally identifiable information about Users directly from RexMag.com.
- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In order to provide you with certain services throughout the RexMag.com web site, information is collected in a variety of ways. In some instances, RexMag.com will ask Users directly for information in order for them to use certain web site services. In other instances, information will automatically be collected as Users are using the website services. The following is a summary of the type of information that RexMag.com collects:
- Active Collection
At several locations throughout RexMag.com web site, certain information will be collected that you actively provide either voluntarily or as required in order to register with us. The type of information may include the following:
- Contact information, such as name and e-mail address.
- Demographic information, such as age, gender, location, and zip code.
- Information you enter in forms, optional surveys, our guest book, or contests.
- Information provided in connection with discussions boards and in messaging or other interactive services.
- Information provided in email requests, contact form submissions, and communications.
- Shipping or transaction information, such as billing address and credit card information, if you choose to purchase goods or fee-based services from the RexMag.com store.
- Passive Collection
Some information is collected automatically while you are using RexMag.com Web site. It is important to note that RexMag.com must store this information in order to ensure that its Users receive optimal service while using its services. This type of information may include the following:
- Log Files: Log files information, such as IP addresses, browser type, domain names, number of page views, login frequency, page or section accesses. Log files are used to track member usage and engagement and to assess the effectiveness of our different services. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server.
- Store session state information
- Authenticate Users
- Help customize content delivery
- Provide context-sensitive help
- Collect information on the origin of User registration
- Protect Web site security and login time-outs
- WHY DO WE COLLECT CERTAIN INFORMATION?
The reason why we collect certain information depends on the type of service a person is using. Most of the information collected from Users is voluntary in nature (i.e. registering as a member of RexMag.com, signing our guest book, leaving information on a discussion board, etc.) and is used in order to create a User account on RexMag.com and to validate User credentials while browsing RexMag.com. Other voluntary information is collected in order to provide content for the RexMag.com website (i.e. postings to the RexMag.com discussion board or leaving a review for a website).
- HOW DOES REXMAG.COM USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
RexMag.com may use the information you provide in the following ways:
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, to help understand the needs and interests of our Web site audience, RexMag.com may use marketing data about its users.
- To respond to your comments or requests or to request your feedback regarding our website, products, or services.
- For billing purposes, to facilitate transactions and to fill a User's order in connection with purchases of goods or fee-based services offered by RexMag.com.
- WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- RexMag.com may disclose
information you provide to us to independent contractors, service providers and
consultants who assist us in our business or in providing Users with goods or
services. Such services providers may include, without limitation, credit card
processing and shipping companies. However, we will only share such personally
identifiable information, as we deem necessary for them to carry out their
obligations to RexMag.com. We may also share aggregated demographic
information with independent contractors, service providers, consultants,
advertisers and other partners. Aggregated demographic
information provided is not linked to any personal information
that can identify any individual person. No information relating to online
communications pertaining to specific issues of an individual or
identifiable health information is shared with third parties.
- RexMag.com may also disclose
personal information it has collected if necessary to fulfill our service
obligations or if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith
judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to
respond to any claims, or protect the rights of RexMag.com and its Members
and the public.
The following outlines different types of security procedures RexMag.com has implemented to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected.
- Identification and Authentication
We verify the identity of the persons accessing the data by using a login name and password chosen by the User upon registration.
- Authorization and Access Control
Only authorized people (e.g. RexMag.com Administrators, Our Hosting Provider, and the Database Administrators) have access to individually identifiable information data provided by Users. Access to this sensitive data is revoked in a timely manner for any authorized person who changes function on RexMag.com.
- Data Integrity and Retention
We implement full database backups by our Database Administrator to establish data consistency and integrity. We also grant Users access to their information in order to verify that the data is still accurate and has not been modified or corrupted.
RexMag.com Web site may offer links to other web sites. Please be aware that RexMag.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked sites, including sites of our partners and advertisers. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave the RexMag.com web site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by RexMag.com.
- CHOICE/OPT OUT
RexMag.com Web site has a feature that allows Users the ability to opt-out of receiving future communications by replying to unsubscribe via email to RexMag.com.
- NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
RexMag.com reserves the right to make changes to the Privacy Statement at any time. If we plan to make significant changes to any of our privacy policies or practices with respect to how we use personally identifiable information, we will post those changes to this Web site 30 days before they take effect. RexMag.com will post those changes on its Web site so our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Please review our Privacy Statement periodically to see recent changes.
- ADDRESSING PRIVACY & SECURITY CONCERNS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, including the practices or your dealings with RexMag.com Web site, please contact us:
Online: Contact Us.